HHS 350 is a 3-unit GE course that meets the SDSU Explorations B (Social and Behavioral Sciences) and the Cultural Diversity requirements, and includes a 9-day international experience in Florence, Italy!
Lectures from SDSU faculty during the semester-long course will include the following topics:
- historical aspects of international health and human services
- economic development and health and social science
- nutrition in a developing country
- globalization, health, and HIV/AIDS
For the most up-to-date information about this program, visit CHHS
Space is given to those that apply to the program first. Priority is given to graduating seniors.
**Majors outside of the CHHS are welcome to apply, but priority is given to CHHS majors.
Students in the following CHHS Schools may enroll in HHS 350:
- Exercise & Nutritional Sciences
- Public Health
- Social Work
- Speech, Language, & Hearing Sciences
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
Students will enroll in a fall 2020 course HHS 350 to complete the academic requirement.
This course will be taught in English.
- Online course during the Spring semester
- Students must attend 2 mandatory, in-person pre-departure meetings on the SDSU campus. See CHHS International Experience website for details.
- 9-day instructor-led international field experience during Spring break. See CHHS International Experience website for details.
All SDSU students will be automatically enrolled in the appropriate international health insurance for their study abroad term. The insurance charge will appear on your student account. Students will receive more detailed instructions regarding insurance before departure.
For more information about entry/exit requirements for your host country, visit the U.S. Department of State