Marketing in Prague
This study abroad course will examine marketing as a business activity, field of employment, and social institution. It will compare the marketing dynamics of two metropolitan areas, San Diego and Prague, as a mechanism to develop a richer understanding of marketing, consumer, and cultures.
Marketing is dynamic, pervasive and exciting. It focuses on understanding consumers, advocating for them, and developing loyal relationships with them. It steers innovation, strategy, revenue generation, profitability and, ultimately, drives economic development and corporate performance. It can also have a positive social impact if pursued in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
The class will be entirely online except for two weeks while we are abroad. During the course time abroad we will have class meetings with in-class activities, case analyses and field trips in Prague that will require your attendance and participation in order to receive full credit. As part of the course, we will have the opportunity to visit a number of businesses in the host country in order to learn more about how businesses operate in Czech Republic. Students will need to do coursework online prior to the dates abroad
All participants are required to register in the following SDSU course, offered through the College of Extended Studies (CES):
PROGRAM FEE, REFUND POLICY, AND FUNDING INFORMATION
- BA 370: Marketing (3 units)
Included in Program Fee:
Not Included in Program Fee:
Program Costs Refund:
Course Tuition Refund:
Refunds for course tuition follow the College of Extended Studies (CES) standard refund policy
* The withdrawal date is the date that the CES Faculty-Led Program staff receive written notification of withdrawal from the student. Email notification is acceptable
Funding & Scholarship Information:
Visit the CES Study Abroad
website for more information about financial aid, scholarships, military and veterans benefits, and other funding sources.
All students accepted to the Marketing in Prague faculty-led study abroad program for Summer 2019 will receive the Marie Hornik Scholarship for Study Abroad in the Czech Republic. Students do not need to apply for this scholarship, as all students accepted to the program will automatically be considered. In order to receive funds, students will need to write a thank you note to the donor. Further information regarding this scholarship, including the amount of the scholarship, will be provided to students upon acceptance to the faculty-led program.
PREREQUISITES AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Open to all approved upper division business majors or minors in the College of Business Administration. For all other students, please email Professor Gary Grudnitski, Director of Undergraduate Programs, with your name, red id and reason for choosing the program.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- SDSU students cannot be on academic probation (less than 2.0 GPA) or disciplinary probation (expulsion, judicial, or suspension) at the time of application and/or at the time of course registration. The standard CES refund policy for study abroad applies if you are found to be on probation after applying to the program.
- Minimum age to participate is 18
- After applying and being accepted into the program, all participants must complete BOTH a mandatory pre-departure orientation sponsored by the College of Extended Studies (CES) as well as a program-specific orientation(s) with their faculty leader(s) prior to departure. Details about both will be sent after acceptance into the program.
The application for summer 2019 is not yet available. If you would like to receive updates, please add your name to the inquiry list below.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Click HERE for a list of Frequently Asked Questions about College of Extended Studies (CES) study abroad programs.
- If you would like more information about the application and registration process or have general questions, please contact Amanda Chamberlain, Study Abroad Advisor, in the College of Extended Studies, Faculty-Led Study Abroad office: firstname.lastname@example.org, (619) 594-0540.