To complete a successful application for this program, students must complete Aztecs Abroad and the Sophia University Summer Session application. Sophia University confirms acceptance and participation in the program.
This three-week summer program provides participants the opportunity to enroll in East Asian Studies courses and intensive Japanese language courses.
Refer to links for academic credits; course descriptions, and syllabi.
PROGRAM COST AND INSURANCE REQUIREMENT
PASSPORT AND VISA
- Students pay program fees directly to Sophia University. The program fees do not include accommodation; textbooks; activities and meals.
- All SDSU students are also required by the Chancellor's office to be enrolled in the CSU Foreign Traveler Insurance Program (CSU FTIP) for their program abroad. The insurance charge which will appear on the student's account services billing.
- Students will receive more detailed instructions regarding insurance before departure. For more information on costs, refer to the CSU FTIP website.
- You must have a valid passport to participate in a study abroad program. Your passport must be valid for the duration of the program and for at least 6 months past the program end date.
- If you plan to travel to other countries during your stay in Japan, be sure you are aware of the requirements for entry. Visit the Department of State website for more details for each country.