International Business Strategy and Integration in Barcelona
Summer 2018- Program Full!
May 28-June 30, 2018
June 15-30, 2018
The course is the integration of business administration principles and concepts for strategy design, implementation and control in domestic, international, and global markets.
During this program in Barcelona, you will study competitive positioning for Spanish companies in their various sectors. Special emphasis will be on industries that are important to local economies and Spain as a whole. Industry analysis may include logistic services; auto industry; hospitality and tourism; technology sector and clothing manufacturers.
Since BA 405 is a "capstone" course in the curriculum; knowledge gained in previous business courses, particularly marketing, economics, decision science, and organizational behavior, will be applied to the problems faced by the general managers.
All participants are required to register for the following SDSU course, offered through the College of Extended Studies (CES):
- BA 405: International Business Strategy & Integration (3 units)*
* Required Prerequisites: MGT/BA 350, BA 300, FIN/BA 323, MIS 301/302 or BA 360, MKTG/BA 370 and BA 310 (if you started SDSU in 2015 or later). These need to be complete by the end of spring semester 2017
- Company visits
- Guided tour of Barcelona Historic City Center
- Tapas workshop
- Day trip to Montserrat
- Group dinner in the authentic Catalan farmhouse
Eva Nicasio Mercier is a part time Lecturer in the SDSU College of Business teaching strategic management and international business and has over 25 years' experience in international trade. She is currently the Director of Global Finance Management for a Japanese multinational company in San Diego.
As an expat, Ms Nicasio Mercier lived and worked in Europe for several years as Commercial Director and Operations Manager in the Netherlands and is well versed in business culture and practices throughout Europe. Her management experience includes managing business units in several major European countries including Spain, Germany, Netherlands, and the UK.
Ms Nicasio Mercier's experience in other areas of the world include setting up permanent establishment models in global markets such as India, UAE and Latin America including administrative, fiscal tax planning and transfer pricing as well as operational tactics such as recruitment and training.
Her multi-cultural, multi-lingual background provide for a unique perspective and enriching experience.
PROGRAM FEE, REFUND POLICY, AND FUNDING INFORMATION
$916 Deposit due with application
$915 Program payment due by April 2, 2018
$1,095 Tuition due with course registration between April 15-25, 2018
$2,926 Total Program Fee
Included in the Program Fee:
- Activities as listed above
- Daily breakfast
- Medical and repatriation insurance
Not Included In the Program Fee:
- Round trip airfare
- Airport pickup and dropoff
- Passport/visa fees
- Lunch and dinner
Program Costs Refund:
- The application deposit is non-refundable for withdrawals after March 15, 2018*
- For the second payment, no refunds will be issued for withdrawals after April 2, 2018
Course Tuition Refund:
* Withdrawals are effective on the date that the CES Faculty-Led Program staff receives written notification from you, the student. Email notification is acceptable.
Funding & Scholarship Information:
Visit the CES Study Abroad
website for more information about financial aid, scholarships, military and veterans benefits, and other funding sources.