<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aKLXkcgq2vs" width="560"></iframe>
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is a leading comprehensive research university, committed to general education and whole person development. With its emphasis on bilingualism and general education, unique collegiate life, and a spacious and green campus, CUHK is a top choice for students wishing to study in East Asia.
This program provides an opportunity for students to obtain up to six credits and explore Hong Kong as their classroom over five weeks in the summer. Areas of studies for the July and August sessions include the following disciplines:
- Business and Management
- China studies
- Chinese Language (Cantonese and Putonghua)
- Environment, Science and Technology
- Humanities and Social Science
The August session offers four levels of Putonghua (Mandarin) from beginner to intermediate levels.
For course descriptions, please refer to the website.
No language prerequisite required. All courses are taught in English.
Application Period: Early February - April 30, 2019
July session: June 23 to July 31, 2019 (Optional four-day Beijing tour is offered at the end of the July session)
August session: August 4 to August 24, 2019
HOUSING AND MEALS
- Double or triple occupancy rooms on-campus are guaranteed for ISS participants
- Rooms are modestly furnished with free air conditioning and high-speed internet, with shared bath, cooking and laundry facilities
- Students are encouraged to live on-campus for cultural immersion with local and international students
For program costs, please refer to the CUHK website. Please contact the advisor if you receive Veteran's benefits or tuition waivers.