* The Summer 2018 application period will be from August 1, 2017-September 30, 2017. GRI 2018 results will be released latest on 1 March 2018 by the respective schools.
The Global Research Internship (GRI) Programme
is a university-wide Research Program initiated to stimulate a culture of research for the overseas undergraduates. Participants for this program will develop research interest, strong sense of cross-cultural intelligence, gain a network of friends and a better understanding of our nation.
Eligible overseas undergraduate students will be given an allowance, and are expected to fulfill a 8-week research attachment at Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
GRI is an eight-week internship program. Students will NOT be receiving credit and a letter of certification or attendance will not be issued upon the completion of the internship.
Candidates may fulfill the internship from April to January but is also subject to the supervisor's availability. Placements are released in February.
For a list of the supervisors and research topics, click here
. For instructions on how to apply, visit the website
* Open to undergraduate students who have not studied in NTU Singapore previously. For students from Indian Universities, please apply via NTU-India Connect. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
* Open to all nationalities (including SIngaporeans) who are currently full-time students in an overseas university.
* Students have to commit to an internship period of two months (8 weeks).
* Applicants must possess good academic standing
The GRI grant is tenable only for the duration of the program at NTU. Each grant shall cover the following:
* Tuition fees
* One-time allowance up to SGD3,000
Notes for International Students
International applicants are advised to look up important information such as, pre-departure checklist, immigration, accommodation, cost of living, emergency hotlines, insurance, etc or refer to the SAO-Student Support's website.
Participants will need to search for their own accommodation. e.g. renting of rooms outside the campus.
Training Employment Pass
All international students are required to obtain a valid Training Employment Pass issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in order to participate in GRI Programme.
An Entry Visa is required of international students from some countries for entry into Singapore. For more information, please visit the website of the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). More details will be given by the choice of your school to short-listed applicants.
Campus Map and Location
The campus is easily accessible by many modes of public transport. Click here to find out how to visit our campus.
The application period for GRI 2018 will be open from 1 August to 30 September 2017.