The Summer Undergraduate Research Programme (SURP) at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
provides an opportunity for international undergraduate students to undertake research projects for eight weeks. Students will conduct research under the supervision of a CUHK faculty member and earn three credits upon successful completion of the program.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
- Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduate students in senior standing.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing.
CUHK will receive up to 80 undergraduate students. While the programme welcomes applications from all students from overseas and non-Chinese universities, admission rests with the CUHK host supervisors.
June 24- August 19 (eight weeks)
COURSE AND ACTIVITIES
Over 80 research topics are listed on the website
Successful applicants will be registered in a 3-credit IASP 4091 course entitled "Independent Research on International Studies II"
to conduct a research project
in English under the supervision of a CUHK faculty member. A transcript will be issued to their home institution upon successful completion, and final decision on credit transfer will be determined by the home institution.
Apart from the research component, SURP participants will be immersed into the local culture through a series of orientation and cultural activities organized by CUHK's Office of Academic Links.
Optional On-campus housing will be arranged on a shared room basis.
- No tuition will be charged to the students
- SDSU students are required by the Chancellor's office to be enrolled in the CSU Foreign Traveler Insurance Program (CSU FTIP) for their program abroad. The insurance charge will appear on the student's account services billing. Students will receive more detailed instructions regarding insurance before departure. For more information on costs, refer to the website.
- Students will be responsible for the following costs: administration and activities fees, international and domestic travel arrangements, housing, meals, local transportation, and travel and medical insurance. Estimates are below:
|Administrative and activities fee
||US $212 (HK$1,650) - Covers program activities and visa application
|On-campus accommodation at CUHK (optional)
||US $968 (HK $7,550)
|Refundable Hostel deposit
||US $129 (HK $1,000)
|Refundable Caution money
||US $58 (HK $ 450)
1) All fees are non-refundable unless otherwise specified.
2) The administration fee covers programme activities and visa application.
3) All students will be required to pay the administration fee through the online application system upon confirmation of registration.
4) Meals are not included in the accommodation fee.