*This university has a very early application deadline. Please submit Aztecs Abroad application by February 1 for consideration for the following Academic Year. *
Please refer to the website: http://www.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/about/university-profile/
Course Levels: 2000+ = Upper Division
There are four different programs available to exchange students at Hokkaido University:
- HUSTEP (Hokkaido University Short-term Exchange Program) - open to students who have completed at least two years of university
- JLCSP(Japanese Language and Culture Studies Program) - open to students who have completed at least one year of university
- SAS (Special Audit Student) - open to all undergraduate level students
- SRS (Special Research Student) - open to all graduate level students
- Notes about each of the programs follow below:
· Participants in this program take a wide variety of classes offered in English in the fields of Culture and Society, Environment, Science and Technology.Students also have the chance to study the Japanese language.
The JLCSP Program is a Japanese Language and Culture Studies program desined for Japanese Majors from affiliated Universities to develop their Japanese skills and broaden their horizons about Japan.
1. Japanese Language Courses
2. Japanese linguistics, culture and society courses
3. Directed study in students' chosen field.
Participants take classes related to their specialized area together with full-time students.
Participants undertake research centered around their specialized areas same as regular students.
· For more details, please refer to the website: http://www.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/prospective-students/exchange-student-admissions/
HUSTEP courses are offered in English.
All other courses are offered in Japanese, with the exception of some graduate level seminars.
Academic Year: Late September - Mid August
Fall Semester: Late September - Mid-February
Spring Semester: Early April - Mid-August
(graduate program dates may vary)
Hints for Researching Program and Available Courses
Access the Hokkaido Website for more details on courses: http://www.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/prospective-students/exchange-student-admissions/
Housing and Meals
The International House was established for international students so they might spend a comfortable life while their studies at Hokkaido University.(not including meals)
For more details, please refer to the website: http://www.oia.hokudai.ac.jp/prospective-students/accommodation/dormitories/
Hokkaido University International students are required to subscribe to National Health Insurance. All SDSU Study Abroad students are also required to be enrolled in the SDSU Supplementary insurance plan. For more information, contact your study abroad advisor.
Student Visa is required for exchange students.
The estimated costs below are provided only for student informational purposes and are not intended as an official program budget. The SDSU Study Abroad office reserves the right to make changes at any time. We encourage all students to view the most up-to-date bulletin of SDSU tuition and fees on the Student Account Services website. All living expenses will vary by type of housing, location and each student's lifestyle. Furthermore, all optional travel is not included in the program budget, only necessary expenses related to the semester abroad.