All San Diego State University students are encouraged to apply for the Associated Students Global Education (Study Abroad) Scholarship - a student activity fee supported scholarship - to help defray costs associated with an SDSU-approved international experience (study abroad, internship, research, etc).
Students apply through the Aztecs Abroad portal. This is a competitive scholarship, not an automatic travel grant. Make use of the available funds!
Requirements and Key Info:
- The scholarship is eligible to all class levels and all majors
- Those who will graduate prior to the academic term in which they participate in a study abroad program are not eligible.
- The scholarship is for matriculated students only, from both San Diego and Imperial Valley campuses.
- To have a complete application, students must write an essay describing their study abroad program, how it will enhance their education, and advance their long-term goals.
- Recipients must have at least a cumulative 2.50 minimum GPA.
- Recipients may only receive the scholarship one time.
San Diego State has over 700 scholarship opportunities to support our students’ educational goals. The "Aztec Scholarships” online portal allows students to apply for university scholarships via one application. The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships coordinates the SDSU scholarship application and awarding process with core committees from the various colleges, departments and organizations responsible for selecting recipients. The application process for students is simple and fast.
**Apply for SDSU Scholarships in the new Aztec Scholarships application portal.** Simply check off that you plan to study, intern or volunteer abroad during the upcoming academic year; see screen shot below.